Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let The Fun Begin: Join Me in Writing and Sharing our Stories

Today I'll start my blog. Ummm, what shall I say? I like to write, write, and write.  I dream about writing and long last..with the encouragement of many friends and family I have dared to expose myself to express my words and stories.  I understand that a blog is about spontaneous thoughts and feelings - and then find a few words or more to convey meaning, imagination, and perhaps evoke memories, happy and sad - but mostly to invite all of us to share what we most have in common - learning to truly embrace this one life we have to live... through common stories and support, encouragement, and of course, my journeys of connecting all of us  through the handcrafted journeys I will continue to be inspired to plan.


I will share my experiences through travel, relationships, poets, authors...and I just might dare to share my own musings - along with  some of my favorite friends' art and photography through my blog.


I attempt to live by my word and truth..sometimes having to dig deep to get to it..but have a deep spiritual core and concern that I can live my life in a full and contented way.  I often get my inspiration to write through poetry, landscape, cultures and traveling with the many groups I have been privileged to take to many places in the world.   However, I am learning that inspiration first must come from one's own self and anywhere your feet, ears and eyes land.


Recently, a friend shared a wonderful quote with me: 


"If you want to build a ship don't drum up people together to collect wood and assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea"   - Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry.


Keep your journeys open and wide.  Expect a surprise each day!

7 comments:

  1. Wow - this is great, Margarita! I have learned so much about travel from you over the years and I'm so pleased you are sharing your wisdom. I look forward to reading more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for you - I am looking forward to musing with you. You are definitely a fabulous travel teacher and I look forward to learning more and more....Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, this is so exciting. Neither Italy or the journeyers will ever be the same. So wish I could join you on this. You are the perfect host!; Keep us up-to-date with your fab blogs and best wishes to Paedar. Warmly, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margarita! Congratulations! Your blog is beautiful! Hope to run into you in Sonoma and will have to pass on the Italy trip this year, but maybe next? Who knows?
    Keep in touch....Tricia
    www.cafetrix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo, Margarita! I love your musings, which are both inspirational and informative. Thank you for sharing your heart and please keep the blogs coming--you are an international treasure. Love, Carole (in Las Vegas)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Margarita. Janet and I have throughly enjoyed our two tours of Ireland and are looking forward to the next. See ya. Randy & Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margarita, I was having a stressful moment and read your blog and was immediately felt a calmness come over me...Thanks and keep it up..I'm so looking forward to Italy..p.s. knee much much better! Ha! Joyce, Sonoma

    ReplyDelete